Wednesday, January 09, 2008

WIP - A Walk in the Woods

Yesterday, I added detail to the middle ground trees, painted in the leaves and blocked in the foreground large trees. Today, I will be considering the color for the bark of the foreground trees. I was originally planning to paint them as aspens with their dramatic black and white trunks, but on further consideration, the white trunks will focus your eyes away from the path that leads into the woods. In the reference photo I am using, there is no path and the trees are aspens. But since I want to walk into those woods, I added the path. It creates a dilemma. Since I need to fill in the middle ground foliage under the trees, I will do it first so that I can get a clearer idea about what color the foreground trees should be and define the central focus of the painting.

No comments: