Wednesday, February 21, 2007

New Series—Journey to the Cross and Beyond

My Ladies Bible Study Group is using Beth Moore’s “Breaking Free” as the basis for study this quarter. I realize, after just a few of the lessons, I want to know Christ as the Son of God and know him better. This series is an articulation of my journey to find Christ as the Son of God, to know him and believe him. Journey to the Cross and Beyond, is an expression of my love and faith illustrated on canvas.

Journey to Bethlehem, 2006
18” x 24”
Acrylic on Canvas
The inspiration for this painting comes from Gospel of Luke (2:4-7):

"And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem, because he was of the house and lineage of David, to be registered with Mary his betrothed wife, who was with child."

The journey to Bethlehem must have been grueling experience for Mary and a constant worry for Joseph. The 100-mile journey would have taken from eight to ten days by camel or donkey.

Availability: If you are interested in a painting from this series, they will be available exclusively through my website.

No comments: